- This event has passed.
Deacon Discernment Day
If you are considering a vocation as a Permanent Deacon, your first step is to attend a Deacon Discernment Day. Discerners and their wives (if applicable) will learn about the Vocation of the Permanent Deacon, the Institute for Diaconate Formation, and get answers to the following questions:
- What is a deacon?
- Who can become a deacon?
- How are Holy Orders integrated with marriage and family?
- How does one discern and respond to the Lord’s call to Holy Orders?
- What prerequisites are needed?
- What is the application, discernment, and formation process?
Mass, prayer, reflections, lunch, and time for questions and answers are included.
The next Deacon Discernment Day is March 20, 2021, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- There is no cost to attend, but registration is required.
- There will be no virtual offering. COVID protocols will be followed.
- There will be additional Deacon Discernment Days offered in the Fall of 2021.
This day is intended for single or married men, and their wives if applicable, between the ages of 25 and 59. He must be a U.S. citizen or a resident alien with a green card and a permanent resident in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis.
To make an accessibility request, call Disability Resources at (651) 962-6315.