Sharpening Diaconal Liturgical Skills (IOCF)
Father Tom Margevicius, Director of Worship and Instructor of Liturgical Theology and Homiletics, will present a refresher/primer on liturgical skills for deacons. Some topics to be covered include:
- The role of the deacon in the liturgy – practical and spiritual insights
- “Word and Communion” services and “Sunday Celebration in Absence of a Priest”: what they are, how they differ, common pitfalls, when and where they are to be used, and Archdiocesan norms
- Blessings: both ordinary and extraordinary form
- Baptisms: the full rite (processions, chants, mystagogy)
- Assisting the Archbishop or Bishop at complex liturgies (e.g. Confirmation)
- Impact of the new Marriage Rite translation
- The Liturgy of the Hours
- General Q&A about the deacon and liturgy
All programs offered by the University of St. Thomas shall be readily accessible to individuals with disabilities.
For details, call (651) 962-6315.